Update 5/11/2015: After losing her beloved cat, Betty wanted to open her heart and her home to a new furry friend. Betty heard about Peanut through a Hope volunteer, and they were a perfect match after their first meeting. Peanut and all his belongings went home with Betty. His prior owner, Joan, told us that she was relieved. This special adoption provided true “Peace of Mind” when it was needed most.
Joan was elated to adopt Peanut last Thanksgiving, but sadly with her recent health problems, she feels it would now be best for Peanut to have a new home. As a long-time supporter of cat rescue events, Joan truly hopes that someone will return the favor – coming to the rescue to give this delightful cat what he deserves. Joan would love to tell a new owner all about Peanut and could do this in the comfort of her lanai, some evening after supper.
More about Peanut
- Male cat weighing 9 pounds, approximately 9 months to 1 year old
- Best described as “loving” – comes when called and readily engages in playtime
- Prefers canned food with gravy or sauce and an occasional treat of tuna fish
- Had regular vet care with up-to-date vaccinations
- Has a microchip that can be changed to a new owner’s information
- Fully litter trained
Call Colette at (239) 985-7728 to get started.